If you are looking to upgrade an existing system or install a new heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, you may be wondering how to choose an HVAC contractor. Additionally, you will need to find an HVAC contractor for routine maintenance and repairs if you have an existing HVAC system. Here are five things to consider when choosing an HVAC contractor.
1. Licensing and Experience
Proper licensing and level of experience are some of the most important factors to consider when trying to find a good air conditioning contractor. While licensing is vital, you will also want to look at the contractor’s overall experience level. A longer track record of experience can help you select a contractor who is more familiar with evaluating a home and installing HVAC systems.
An HVAC contractor with a stable business and a proven track record of success is often a great candidate. Experience as an HVAC contractor usually indicates that these professionals understand system installation and preventive HVAC maintenance. In addition to licensing and experience, you may also want to consider asking a potential contractor about any additional certifications, awards or recognitions that they might have.
2. Respect for You and Your Home
Choosing the right HVAC contractor means you know these professionals will respect you and your home throughout the project. From the initial evaluation to installation, an HVAC contractor will be working in your home, so it is vital to know that they will treat your home with the utmost respect. Respect and professionalism are both necessary elements the right HVAC contractor should have.
3. Reviews and Referrals
Reviews, referrals and references are an excellent way to learn about previous clients and their experience with an HVAC contractor. Positive reviews and referrals can be a valuable thing to consider when choosing an HVAC company. Online review sites are another good resource to learn about customers’ experiences with the HVAC contractor. When deciding how to choose an air conditioning contractor, you will want to consider various aspects of their work ethic.
- Efficiency: While no HVAC contractor should ever sacrifice the quality of work to finish quickly, you will want to ensure that your HVAC contractor can work productively and efficiently. Efficiency is essential to any project in your home, especially if you have a strict deadline or time that you need to have your HVAC system up and running.
- Quality of work: One of the most important metrics to consider is the overall quality of their work. If most previous clients are happy with the work this contractor has done, this can be a great indicator of a reputable HVAC contractor. We recommend you compare multiple reviews and see if you can find a common theme, such as a high level of professionalism or always being on time. Common themes throughout several reviews or referrals can show the company values these aspects and strives to provide them for every customer.
- Price transparency: Another factor to consider is the projected price a previous customer was quoted compared to what they actually paid. If a company is clear, open and transparent about its pricing, it can alleviate the concern of being charged more than you expect. Proper price quoting allows you to understand the exact cost of installing a specific system in your home.
- Overall communication: Communication is a critical aspect of any business and can affect the quality of service. You will want to consider how prompt a contractor is in returning calls or emails. The overall level of communication can help you determine if an HVAC contractor is right for you.
When you’re trying to choose a good HVAC contractor, you’ll likely want to consider the total price for their services. Transparent pricing helps you understand the exact price you will have to pay before a contractor starts work on your project. You’ll also want to know if a contractor charges by the project or per hour. High-quality HVAC contractors offer straightforward pricing before starting your project and never charge by the hour.
In addition to standard pricing, find out if an HVAC contractor is holding any specials, rebates or promotions for their services. An HVAC system is an essential part of your home that can be expensive. It’s always best to compare pricing and take advantage of any promotions or energy-efficient rebates available.
5. Energy Efficiency
Energy efficiency is an essential aspect to consider when choosing a new HVAC system. An energy-efficient HVAC system can provide proper heating and cooling to your home while using less energy, saving you money in the long term. Many utility companies offer special rebates if you install an energy-efficient HVAC system. Research shows that replacing a 10-year-old air conditioning unit can help save 20% to 40% of your cooling energy costs. An energy-efficient HVAC system also provides the following benefits:
- Fewer emissions: When a system consumes more energy to function, it causes a higher rate of direct carbon emissions. Inefficient HVAC systems can cost you more money to heat and cool your home and can also harm the environment. Energy-efficient HVAC systems can have a long-term positive impact on your energy bill while also being a more environmentally friendly option.
- Ozone-friendly: Many older and less efficient HVAC systems have been phased out because they use a refrigerant that damages the ozone layer and can contribute to climate change. Newer or retrofitted HVAC systems use ozone-friendly refrigerants to cool your home without harming the ozone layer.
- Improved airflow: Many energy-efficient HVAC systems feature motors with variable speeds to ensure that the air flows at a comfortable and improved level throughout your home. Improved airflow provides better control over your home’s temperature in each room and provides cleaner, crisper air.
- Reduced noise: Older HVAC systems may have loose parts or begin to rattle or hum when in use. Modern HVAC systems use sound-absorbing materials to ensure minimal noise when in use. A high-quality HVAC system is quiet while providing climate control and excellent ventilation.
- Increased resale value: Energy-efficient HVAC systems are an excellent addition to your home, especially if you plan to sell in the next few years. While a new HVAC system is a desirable amenity to have in your home, it can also help increase your property’s value when it’s time to sell.
Full-Service HVAC Contractor
A/C Contractors is a full-service air conditioning and heating contractor with years of experience servicing and installing complete air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems in Texas. Our team of HVAC experts can evaluate your home and help you choose the HVAC system that is right for you.
We pride ourselves on our 100% satisfaction guarantee. We guarantee that any equipment repaired will be fixed correctly, or we will redo the repair for free. Additionally, we guarantee that any equipment we install will perform as expected, or we will remove the equipment and return 100% of your investment.
To learn more about our HVAC systems, call (903) 759-4250 or contact us online today.